Leading Health and Safety Committee Training for a Collaborative Safety Team.
Don’t miss opportunities to manage health and safety in your workplace.
The Health and safety Committee can be an effective medium for understanding, managing and communicating safety through your workplace. Get your stakeholders working effectively together on managing safety can be challenging with a range of obstacles contributing to poor safety culture and performance. Is safety performance at risk in your workplace with –
- Stakeholders not knowing their responsibilities in the work health and safety framework;
- Stakeholders not understanding how to work together effectively to improve processes and prioritise activities;
- Stakeholders not effectively understanding the risk management principles;
- Stakeholders not recognising and respecting the varying priorities of the business.
Develop your team to identify and implement effective health and safety solutions.
Well designed training delivered effectively goes a long way in helping businesses improve the implementation of their safety processes. Programs to improve your health and safety team effectiveness include –
- Introduction to understanding the roles of people in the business to manage health and safety;
- Understanding how to get input from all areas of the business;
- Understanding the developing solutions that are realistic and durable;
- Knowing how to communicate the safety message and influence adherence to the processes implemented.
Training designed to get real workplace solutions.
- Delivered with practical activities designed to get all the stakeholders in the workplace working together to find solutions;
- Simple and clear one day course with continuous guided discussion;
- Application of principles to adopted workplace policies and procedures;
- Inclusion of custom topics and issues available.
Flexible delivery options to meet your needs
- Face to face and on-site – your place or ours;
- Australia wide delivery;
- Exceptionally experienced facilitators.
When is a Health and safety committee needed at your workplace?
To learn more about the formation of a Health and Safety Committee in your jurisdiction click on the relevant links below.
- Queensland – Worksafe Queensland
- New South Wales – Safework NSW
- Victoria – Worksafe Victoria
- Tasmania – Worksafe Tasmania
- South Australia – Safework SA
- Northern Territory – NT Worksafe
- Australian Capital Territory – ACT Government
- Western Australia – Worksafe WA
- Commonwealth – Comcare
Follow the links below to find out more about this program.
Not ready to talk yet but want to stay in the loop? Complete the enquiry form below and we will keep you updated on the course details, or send us a message if you have a question.
• Face to Face – 1 day program;
• Delivered on-site or at our location.
KINNECT Training offers a number of options for the delivery of this program. The standard delivery includes a 1 day program. Delivery time can be adjusted to cater for the needs and goals of the business to ensure all critical areas are covered. Practical workplace activities can be modified to increase relevance and participation. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Award / Qualification
Completion of this Health and Safety Committee course will result in the awarding of a Statement of Attendance.
What you will Learn
The KINNECT Training Health and Safety Committee Training Program is a full 1 day program. It includes theory with active discussion along with a variety of case studies and role play activities. All with reference to your organisational polices and procedures. In addition the course aims to provide participants with information to assist in enhancing existing consultation mechanisms.
The following topics are covered and organisation contextualisation is available and encouraged.
Topic 1: Introduction to legislation
- Legal framework or workplace health and safety;
- An introduction to relevant Acts, Regulations and Codes of Practice
- Understanding duty holders – the PCBU, Officers, Workers and Others;
- Understanding penalties;
- Introducing Health and Safety Representatives (HSR’s), Health and Safety Committees and Work Health and Safety Officers (WHSO’s)
Topic 2: Functions of Health and Safety Committee
- Establishing a Health and Safety Committee;
- Health and Safety Committee membership;
- The Health and Safety Committee constitution;
- The Functions of the Health and Safety Committee;
- Meeting Times;
- PCBU Obligations;
- Health and Safety Committee type and size;
- Effective practices of Health and Safety Committees;
- Issue Resolution principles.
Topic 3: Roles and Responsibilities
- Committee Chair;
- Health and Safety Representatives (HSR’s);
- Health and Safety Committee members;
- Record Keeping.
Topic 4: Consultation and Communication
- Stakeholders with responsibilities;
- Benefits of consultation;
- Consultation procedure;
- Nature of consultation;
- When to consult;
- Effective consultation;
- HSC/HSR/WHSO in consultation;
- Access to information;
- Shared consultation arrangements;
- Effective Communication Principles;
- Communicating Work Health and Safety information.
Topic 5: Contributing to the Management of Safety in the Workplace
- Safety Management Systems
- Risk Assessments
- Health and Safety Committee roles
This course is recommended for all the members of the Safety Committee. This may include Managers, Supervisors, members of the workforce, elected Health and Safety Representatives and others with safety responsibilities.
There are no formal entry requirements however the program requires the ability to engage in discussion, review documents and contribute to the development of safety processes.