Workplace manual handling training with a demonstrated knowledge and skills outcome
KINNECT Training’s Smart Move Comprehensive Manual Handling training is designed to change your people’s behaviours when it comes to Manual Handling and reduce their risk of injury with simple, practical and realistic techniques.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Demonstrated relevant knowledge and skills for all participants
- Delivered nationally
This program can be delivered as a generic program or can be contextualised to your business by conducting a site review of the high risk manual tasks performed by your worker’s prior to delivery and adjusting the program to be specific to your workforce. Improving participation and improving outcomes. KINNECT Training will provide a workplace specific manual handling package aimed at educating your workforce on proactive injury prevention strategies and self management techniques relevant to your business. This can include referencing your own risk management strategies, processes and reporting.
Tailoring the training means that you will receive a return on investment as the education provided will make sense to and be implemented by all personnel, resulting in a reduction in your organisation’s musculoskeletal injuries and the costs associated in the management of these conditions.
Delivered by Tertiary Qualified Clinicians (Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Accredited Exercise Physiologists, Human Factors Practitioners), the SmartMove Accredited Manual Handling Program is delivered onsite during times of convenience and incorporates both theoretical and practical components.
Face to Face
4 Hour Course
- Includes hands on practical application of manual handling risk assessment and controls
- Conducted at your workplace
- Contextualised to your workplace (call for more information)
Smart Move Online
KINNECT Training also offers an online support program that can be used as a refresher module for all participants or as a program for those that were unable to attend a full face to face program. For more information go to the Smart Move Online Manual Handling program.
Award / Qualification
HLTWHS005 Conduct manual tasks safely
Successful completion of this course will result in the awarding of the nationally accredited unit of competency HLTWHS005 Conduct manual tasks safely.
KINNECT works in conjunction with Trainwest (RTO#51807) to assess this course and the Statement of Attainment will be issued by Trainwest.
What you will Learn
Participants will learn how to –
Identify manual tasks involving risk
- Recognise manual tasks that may involve risk to self or others
- Identify risk factors that make the manual task hazardous
- Determine the nature and extent of the risk
- Follow organisation procedures for controlling hazardous manual tasks
Prepare for manual tasks
- Prepare workplace layout and environment according to organisation procedures
- Organise task and workflow appropriately
- Prepare and package loads for movement, taking account of specific requirements for different materials and organisation procedures
- Select and use personal protective equipment appropriate to the task
- Ensure task is within personal capabilities
Complete manual tasks
- Use appropriate posture and handling techniques to reduce muscle load on exertion
- Select, adjust and use mechanical aids and handling devices according to manufacturers instructions
- Pace and schedule tasks according to procedures
Contribute to safe work practices
- Identify hazardous manual tasks and report to supervisor according to organisation procedures
- Follow organisation procedures for reporting symptoms of injury or actual injury to self and others
- Participate in workplace safety activities and contribute to the improvement of manual tasks
- Contribute to risk management approach to reduce risks from manual tasks
A program for your whole workforce
This workplace manual handling risk reduction program has been designed to be relevant to the complete workforce. Understanding the risk associated with manual tasks is important for all within the workplace and having all people in the workplace understand the manual handling risk approach means consistent and effective management.
This program specifically meets the needs of businesses that want to formalise the learning process around manual handling and want to ensure a thorough understanding of all aspects of manual handling risk and management processes.
Successfully completing this program results in the issuing of a Nationally Recognised Unit of Competency under the Australian Qualifications Framework – HLTWHS005 Conduct manual tasks safely.
KINNECT Training can ensure the program is relevant to your workplace through our process of program contextualisation. Drop us a message for more information on what this involves.
On-SitePer Person From$149 ppComprehensive interactive program delivered at your workplaceFace-to-face theory & hands on practical
4 hour course
Australia wide delivery
Minimum numbers apply