Training to undertake respirator fit testing in your workplace
Is respiratory health of your workforce a risk for your business?
If people in your workplace are required to wear a respirator then you have a respiratory health risk. Understanding if the respirators used are effective is an important part of the safety processes. Current standards mean any person required to use a full face respirator must be fit tested by a competent person.
Know how to fit test your workforce and manage respiratory health.
KINNECT Training now offers a workplace training program to assist businesses meet their workplace health and safety obligations by providing a Respirator Fit Test Training. Know how to manage respiratory health in your workplace.
- Have your own competent person undertaking respirator fit testing
- Understand applicable State or Federal workplace health and safety legislation
- Understand correct use and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment
- Interpret and report testing results
- Know how to manage a respiratory health program in your workplace
- Address AS/NZS 1715 Selection, use and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment
What people say about the course
Rowan was an excellent instructor who has a deep understanding of the course subject matter, he has an engaging lively manner and is able to present extremely well even in a Webinar. Some courses that take place on a webinar lose some value and it can be death by PowerPoint, but Rowan engages with his students and makes the course relevant to the industry they work in. Excellent course, excellent instructor, exceeded my expectations of a course that was not taking place face to face.
– Jess, J. Oct 2020 – Brisbane
Flexible delivery options to meet your needs
- Face to face – on-site and public courses
- Designed to meet Australian Standards for all workers required to wear a respirator at work
- Ongoing support and education available to all students
- Australia wide delivery – in class and on site
- Includes the issuing of your personal Respirator Fit Tester ID Card
- Get a commitment to your knowledge with our KINNECT Training Guarantee
The KINNECT Training Guarantee
KINNECT Training wants you to be confident and capable in your role in respirator fit testing. If in the following 12 months of completing your course you would like to confirm your knowledge and skills you are welcome to come to any scheduled public face to face course for Respirator Fit Testing – it’s on us!
- Immediate confirmation to student and booking contact
- Credit card, direct debit and company account payments available
Need help to set-up your respiratory health program?
KINNECT Training can assist with setting up you complete respiratory health program.
- Understanding the risk in your business and the risk management processes
- Understand your compliance and records management requirements and know how to implement the right systems
- Manage your PPE selection, use and maintenance
- Understand your health surveillance requirements
- Get assistance with testing equipment purchase and use
- Implement and manage workplace respiratory fit testing
Contact KINNECT Training on 1300 591 548 for more information.
Respirator Fit Test Training Program
Face to Face
1 Day Program (approximately 8 hours)
- Includes thorough theoretical program and hands on practical application
- Includes Free Lunch
- Conducted at one of KINNECT’s Training Facilities or at your workplace
Public program are available in the following locations at this time.
In-house programs can be provided nationally at any site. Please contact KINNECT Training on 1300 591 548, on firstname.lastname@example.org or via the enquiry form on this page for a training proposal.
Award / Qualification
Respirator Fit Test Training Program
Successful completion of this course will result in the issue of a Statement of Completion for attending a Respirator Fit Test Training Program Workshop.
The program is designed to meet relevant Australian and international standards, relevant codes and guidance and respirator fit test equipment manufacturer recommendations.
What you will Learn
The Respirator Fit Test Training Program will be delivered to meet all relevant Australian Standards and relevant legislation or guidance. This includes but is not limited to –
- AS/NZS 1715 Selection, use and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment
- Applicable State or Federal workplace health and safety legislation
- Equipment instructions and user guides
On successful completion of the program, participants will understand relevant applicable legislation, understand how to perform respirator fit testing, will understand the correct use and maintenance of equipment used in testing (including calibration) and will be able to interpret and report results back to the business.
Being competent in the undertaking of respirator fit testing in your own workplace means –
- understanding if your workforce is safe when using respirators to perform their tasks
- saving time and money to have your workforce to undertake assessments
- more easily responding to changes in the workplace such as engaging new employees and utilising new respiratory equipment
Respirator fit testing is an important part of the safety processes in many organisations and current standards mean any person required to use a full face respirator must be fit tested by a competent person. This testing also needs to be undertaken on a regular basis depending on the results of your organisations workplace risk assessments.
Dates & Availability
The below dates and availability only relate to Face to Face bookings
Start Date End Date Location Book 8:00am Thu 11/02/2021 4:00pm Thu 11/02/2021 SYDNEY (Mascot) Book Now 8:00am Fri 12/02/2021 4:00pm Fri 12/02/2021 MELBOURNE (South Melbourne) Book Now 8:00am Thu 18/02/2021 4:00pm Thu 18/02/2021 BRISBANE (Woolloongabba) Book Now 8:00am Fri 19/02/2021 4:00pm Fri 19/02/2021 TOWNSVILLE Book Now 8:00am Wed 17/03/2021 4:00pm Wed 17/03/2021 MELBOURNE (South Melbourne) Book Now 8:00am Thu 18/03/2021 4:00pm Thu 18/03/2021 SYDNEY (Mascot) Book Now 8:00am Fri 19/03/2021 4:00pm Fri 19/03/2021 NEWCASTLE Book Now 8:00am Thu 25/03/2021 4:00pm Thu 25/03/2021 BRISBANE (Woolloongabba) Book Now 8:00am Thu 15/04/2021 4:00pm Thu 15/04/2021 SYDNEY (Mascot) Book Now 8:00am Fri 16/04/2021 4:00pm Fri 16/04/2021 MELBOURNE (South Melbourne) Book Now 8:00am Thu 29/04/2021 4:00pm Thu 29/04/2021 BRISBANE (Woolloongabba) Book Now 8:00am Fri 30/04/2021 4:00pm Fri 30/04/2021 MACKAY Book Now 8:00am Thu 06/05/2021 4:00pm Thu 06/05/2021 PERTH Book Now 8:00am Wed 12/05/2021 4:00pm Wed 12/05/2021 MELBOURNE (South Melbourne) Book Now 8:00am Thu 13/05/2021 4:00pm Thu 13/05/2021 SYDNEY (Mascot) Book Now 8:00am Fri 14/05/2021 4:00pm Fri 14/05/2021 NEWCASTLE Book Now 8:00am Thu 27/05/2021 4:00pm Thu 27/05/2021 BRISBANE (Woolloongabba) Book Now 8:00am Fri 28/05/2021 4:00pm Fri 28/05/2021 CAIRNS Book Now 8:00am Thu 10/06/2021 4:00pm Thu 10/06/2021 SYDNEY (Mascot) Book Now 8:00am Fri 11/06/2021 4:00pm Fri 11/06/2021 MELBOURNE (South Melbourne) Book Now 8:00am Thu 24/06/2021 4:00pm Thu 24/06/2021 BRISBANE (Woolloongabba) Book Now 8:00am Fri 25/06/2021 4:00pm Fri 25/06/2021 TOWNSVILLE Book Now 8:00am Thu 01/07/2021 4:00pm Thu 01/07/2021 PERTH Book Now 8:00am Wed 14/07/2021 4:00pm Wed 14/07/2021 MELBOURNE (South Melbourne) Book Now 8:00am Thu 15/07/2021 4:00pm Thu 15/07/2021 SYDNEY (Mascot) Book Now 8:00am Fri 16/07/2021 4:00pm Fri 16/07/2021 NEWCASTLE Book Now 8:00am Thu 22/07/2021 4:00pm Thu 22/07/2021 BRISBANE (Woolloongabba) Book Now 8:00am Fri 23/07/2021 4:00pm Fri 23/07/2021 ROCKHAMPTON Book Now 8:00am Thu 12/08/2021 4:00pm Thu 12/08/2021 SYDNEY (Mascot) Book Now 8:00am Fri 13/08/2021 4:00pm Fri 13/08/2021 MELBOURNE (South Melbourne) Book Now 8:00am Thu 26/08/2021 4:00pm Thu 26/08/2021 BRISBANE (Woolloongabba) Book Now 8:00am Fri 27/08/2021 4:00pm Fri 27/08/2021 MACKAY Book Now 8:00am Thu 09/09/2021 4:00pm Thu 09/09/2021 PERTH Book Now 8:00am Wed 15/09/2021 4:00pm Wed 15/09/2021 MELBOURNE (South Melbourne) Book Now 8:00am Thu 16/09/2021 4:00pm Thu 16/09/2021 SYDNEY (Mascot) Book Now 8:00am Fri 17/09/2021 4:00pm Fri 17/09/2021 NEWCASTLE Book Now 8:00am Thu 23/09/2021 4:00pm Thu 23/09/2021 BRISBANE (Woolloongabba) Book Now 8:00am Fri 24/09/2021 4:00pm Fri 24/09/2021 CAIRNS Book Now
Face to FaceSingle Person Booking$595 ppComprehensive interactive program delivered at our training locationsFace-to-face theory & hands on practical
1 day course
Public and in-house courses
Australia wide deliveryFace to FaceMultiple Person Booking$545 ppComprehensive interactive program delivered at our training locationsFace-to-face theory & hands on practical
1 day course
Public and in-house courses
Australia wide deliveryOn-SiteIn-House Program From$350 ppComprehensive interactive program delivered at your premesisFace-to-face theory & hands on practical
1 day course
Australia wide delivery
Travel costs and minimum numbers may apply
When does fit testing need to be done?
Fit testing must be carried out –
- before wearing a tight-fitting respirator for the first time;
- whenever a new model of respirator is used;
- if there is a change in the individual already assessed (eg excessive weight gain or loss).
Is this Respirator Fit Test Training Course nationally recognised?
Successful completion of this course will result in the issue of a Statement of Completion for attending a Respirator Fit Test Training Program.
The program is designed to meet relevant Australian and International Standards, relevant codes and guidance and respirator fit test equipment manufacturer recommendations.
At this stage there is no nationally recognised unit of competency for this type of training.
Is there an expiry date for this certificate?
There is no ‘expiry date’ for this course. It is generally expected that a person must maintain currency / proficiency if they are performing respirator fit testing in the workplace. Being current and competent could include completing a fresher program in respirator fit testing or other professional development activities.