Training for silica exposure awareness in your workplace
Give your workforce the ability to understand and manage silica exposure risks.
A new workplace training program to assist businesses to meet their workplace health and safety obligations by providing silica exposure awareness training. This is following the requirement from the regulator on providing information on the potential exposure to silica in your workplace.
- Designed to meet Australian Standards for all workers exposed to silica at work
- Ongoing support and education available to all students
- Australia wide delivery
When does the silica awareness training need to be done?
If your workplace has exposure to silica –
- All workers/employees must undergo awareness training
- Some may require fit testing
Silica Awareness Training
On successful completion of the program, participants will understand relevant applicable legislation, understand how to be aware of their exposure or potential exposure to silica in a workplace and know the principles of managing their exposure.
The course will include the topics –
- What is Respirable Crystalline Silica (RCS)
- Types of dust (inhalable and respirable)
- Health effects of respirable crystalline silica
- Your past, current and concurrent exposures
- Legislation and guidance materials – what does they mean to you?
- Exposure limits
- Monitoring – air and health
- Control measures available
- Introduction to respirators
- Principles of respirator fitting and care
- Factors that influence your facial fit
Respirator fit testing and fit checking can also be included as part of the program. Contact us for more details at email@example.com
Silica exposure awareness program
Face to Face – 1 and 2 hour progams
- Includes thorough theoretical program
- Conducted at one of KINNECT’s Training Facilities or at your workplace
In-house programs can be provided nationally at any site. Please contact KINNECT Training on 1300 591 548, on firstname.lastname@example.org or via the enquiry form on this page for a training proposal.
Award / Qualification
Silica exposure awareness training program
Successful completion of this course will result in the issue of a Statement of Completion for attending Silica Exposure Awareness in the Workplace.
The program is designed to meet relevant Australian and international standards, relevant codes and guidance.
Who is this program for?
This program is designed to improve the understanding application of safety processes for the management of silica exposure for all workers in all industries including construction, manufacturing, mining, service, government and transport industries.
There are no pre-requisites for participation in this program.
On-SiteFace to Face From$45 ppDaily rate for delivery also availableOn site delivery or at our premises. Contact KINNECT Training for a detailed quote and to discuss customisation for your business.